In line with our internal processes and systems, this website is designed to comply with the following policies:
– UK Data Protection Act 1998
– EU Data Protection Directive 1995 (DPD)
– EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR)
Data we collect
We do not collect any personal information from a visitor to our sites unless that visitor explicitly and intentionally provides it. Under no circumstances do we collect any personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, or sex life. If you are simply browsing our sites, we do not gather any personal information about you.
We will collect information in two principle ways in which you may explicitly and intentionally provide us with, and consent to our collection of certain personal information:
a) From our website
b) From emails, telephone calls and written correspondence for registration or enrolment to our services.
Information that are collected from clients are as follows: Name, telephone number, e-mail addresses, address or location, demographic information, including University subjects, courses .etc., your feedback to us and/or tutors, browser used and IP information.
Information that are collected from service providers are as follows: Name, telephone number, e-mail addresses, address or location, copies of IDs such as driving licence or passport, CVs, CRB/DBS certificates, reference checks, scans/copies of degree certificates and job offers, other information included on the consultant/tutor form, browser used and IP information.
We use the information provided to us to ensure that we cater to your needs and provide you with a better service. We use this information for the following:
- Record keeping and database maintenance for students and tutors
- Contact you for the services we provide
- To improve our products and services as needed
- To customize the website according to your interests and needs
- Periodically send promotional emails, newsletters about new products, services, events, special offers, discounts or other information which we think you may find interesting and of relevance to you
- Better user experience via Google Analytics monitoring
- Publish your feedbacks anonymously on phdtutors.co.uk and/or any other print, video, TV or web publicity materials as client testimonials
- When you visit our site, our computers may automatically collect statistics about your visit. This information does not identify you personally, but rather about a visit to our sites. We may monitor statistics such as how many people visit our sites, the user’s IP address, which pages people visit on our site, from which domains our visitors reach our sites, and which browsers people use. We use these statistics about your visit for aggregation purposes only. These statistics are used to help us improve the performance of our Web sites.
- Collect information on pages that consumers access or visit and consumer trends. This information we collect is used to improve the content of our web pages and the quality of our service, and is not shared with or sold to other organizations for commercial purposes, except to provide products or services that you have requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances or for legal reasons:
1. It is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Terms and Conditions of the website, or as otherwise stated by law.
Personal data that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes. Personal data are retained for maximum period of 10 years from the time of receipt.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is safe and secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Nonetheless, due to the inherent risks of the Internet we cannot guarantee the protection of such information against loss, misuse or alteration during transmission via the internet. Non-sensitive details (your email address etc.) are transmitted normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
Through your Internet browser you can set your computer whether to accept cookies or not. This option can be activated via the tools section of your Internet Explorer. If you refuse a cookie it may prevent the proper operation of the site or even prevent your access to certain areas.
Third-party advertisements and partnerships
Third-party advertising companies and partners are allowed to display products and services of interest and relevance in the form of ads when users visit our website. These companies may use aggregated information (which does not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of that might be of interest to you.